When working to improve the curb appeal of your home, new siding can make for an instant and dramatic face-lift. If you are considering renovating your home by having new siding installed, you’ve likely found that you have a lot of home exterior options. In this article by Jeannie Matteucci of HGTV, your top six choices are listed and described.
- Vinyl Siding: This low-cost, low-maintenance siding is the most popular choice in the U.S. Vinyl siding comes in a variety of colors and styles.
- Wood Siding: This is more expensive than vinyl but creates a warmer and more dramatic appearance. However, cedar shakes and shingles do require regular maintenance to prevent damage caused by weather, insects, rodents and wood-rot. Properly maintained, some wood siding products can last as long as 100 years.
- Brick Siding: This is usually a veneer constructed outside the home’s wood-frame structure. Installed properly, it can last the lifetime of the house. However, siding with brick is very labor-intensive and therefore a rather expensive option.
- Fiber-Cement Siding: Made to mimic the appearance of masonry, wood or even stucco, fiber-cement siding is a low maintenance, termite- and flame-resistant siding option. This type of siding can last from 25 to 50 years, and a high-quality product such as James Hardie siding can retain its color very well.
- Stucco Siding: Made from sand, cement, lime and water, stucco siding is ideal for Mediterranean and Spanish-mission style home exteriors. When properly installed, stucco siding can last for the life of your home.
- Stone and Stone-Veneer Siding: This natural and durable siding option is among the most expensive and it can be difficult to add to existing homes. This is a choice best made during the time of new home construction.
You can learn more about each of these home exterior options by reading the full article here.
If you prefer vinyl, wood or fiber-cement siding for your Chicagoland home, you can contact Baltic Home Improvements to handle the installation work. You can rest assured that when you choose BHI, a Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List-approved contractor, your home will receive quality workmanship and you will experience excellent customer service. Learn why we are a top choice in the southwestern Chicago suburbs by contacting us today.
Image Source: wolfields