Many homeowners put off replacing their windows until absolutely necessary. But, how do you know when you’ve reached that point? If your windows fall into any of the following six categories, the home experts at BobVila.com recommend that you start shopping around for a new view.
- Moisture Outside is Getting Inside: Your windows should keep water out, not let it in. If they are failing to do this important job, it is essential to replace them immediately.
- You Can Feel the Draft: Feeling a draft in your home when the seasons change is a sign that you need new windows ASAP.
- Your Furniture is Taking a Beating: If the furnishings in front of your window are fading, then your windows are letting in harmful UV lights and it is time to upgrade to windows with low-emissivity (low-E) coating that help block the light and protect your belongings.
- Maintenance is a Pain: The older your windows are the more difficult they are to clean and maintain. New windows offer hassle-free maintenance.
- Security is a Concern: Old windows leave you more vulnerable to break-ins while new window options feature security glass and sturdier locks.
- Improve Your Resale Value: Not only do new windows give you immediate benefits by helping to reduce your utility bills, they also boost the value of your home when it’s time to sell.
With so many window options available on the market today, it can be a little overwhelming to find the best option for your home. If you live in the Chicagoland area, the window installation experts at Baltic Home Improvements can help you narrow down the choices and install them properly so you reap the full insulative benefits.
We have been the go-to company for home improvement jobs such as roofing, siding and window installation since 2004. Contact us today to discover why we are so highly rated by Chicagoland residents.
Image Source: Photo courtesy of jar [o]