If you are planning your first home improvement project, choosing the right contractor for the job can be the single most important decision you have to make throughout the entire project. But, how can you be sure you’re hiring the right person for the job?
According to Angie’s List, there are 10 warning signs you can look for during the vetting process to help you make the right choice. You can read about them in greater detail here, but we’ve provided a quick summary:
1. Contractor Gives Off a Bad Vibe
2. Contractor Has No Portfolio or Relevant Work History
3. Contractor Doesn’t Hold Proper License, Registration or Insurance
4. Contractor Doesn’t Possess Skills Relevant to Your Project
5. Contractor Shows Up Late or Can’t Keep Appointments
6. Contractor Doesn’t Seem to Have the Right Equipment to Do the Job
7. Contractor Asks for Odd Payment Arrangements
8. Contractor Insists that You Make a Hiring Decision Immediately
9. Contractor Doesn’t Act Like a Professional
10. Contractor Has a Bad Attitude
If you live in the Chicagoland area and are looking for a reliable contractor to handle your roofing, gutters, or window replacement project, we are confident that you will be satisfied with our work history, documentation, proven track-record, and warranty. We have been a trusted roofing contractor in the southwestern Chicago suburbs since 2004. Contact us today by phone or through our Web Request Form to schedule an appointment with a roofing expert on our staff. We look forward to meeting you.
Image Source: thecrazyfilmgirl